Week of March 5th – 9th Summary
Important Upcoming Dates:
• On Sunday, March 11th from 3 pm to 5:30 pm, SPMA will be participating in the annual Hilton Head Island St. Patrick’s Day parade with an ocean-themed float. Our slogan this year is “One fish makes a ripple, but a school makes a splash!” Details here.
• There will be NO SCHOOL for all students on Thursday, March 15th and Friday, March 16th so that SPMA staff can attend the American Montessori Society Annual Conference. Be sure to sign up your student for the Smith Stearns Sports Camps these days here.
• Save the date! The March Community Meeting on Tuesday, March 20th at 6:30 pm will showcase the Upper School Science Fair. Details to follow.
• Save the date! On Tuesday, March 27th at 6 pm there will be a Suzuki Spring Fiddle event. Details to follow.
Additional calendar dates are here.
Board of Trustees Notes:
• Please read this letter from Carmen Mullen, Board of Trustees Chair for the Head of School Search Committee.
• The Have a Heart Annual Fund campaign is in process. Please read this letter from Carrie Collins, campaign chair. THANK YOU to all staff members, families and friends who have donated thus far! Coin Drive results here.
• Check out a bunch of new SPMA’s photos on Shutterfly: Opera, Lawton Stables, Preprimary Playground, Smith Stearns Fitness, Sweet Feet Soccer, S.N.A.G. Golf Program, and Souper Bowl of Caring.
• Congratulations to Trey Collins (Purple Room Primary scholar) for being named the March Reader of the Month by The Storybook Shoppe in Bluffton!
• Student and staff lunch orders from Bess’ Deli (order form here) are due each Friday by 10 AM for the following week.
• Art Teacher Sarah Perry is in need of more “good garbage” for the art studio. Please bring clean and dry grocery and household items (food containers, bottles, broken items, etc.) that can be safely and hygienically used in the art studio. Also, Mrs. Perry is looking for the donation of 6 plywood sheets for the opera set as well as any sea life such as shells, nautical/ocean items, etc.. Thank you! Email Sarah Perry with any questions.
• SPMA Spirit Day is every Friday. Please wear your SPMA logo wear to school.
• SPMA Campus Tours are available every Tuesday at 9:30 am. Please email Shannon Alford or call 785-2534 make an appointment for yourself or a friend.
SPMA Booster Club:
• It’s time to sign-up to volunteer for the SPMA’s RBC Heritage Golf Tournament concession booth and Birdies for Charity. Details here.