Week of March 12th – 16th Summary
Important Upcoming Dates:
• Art Teacher Sarah Perry is beginning the study of “Land Art” with the students and in celebration of Earth Day on April 22nd is planning to build a community piece in the gardens located at the front of our school. She is in need of small potted herbs (as they are the only thing that our friendly deer do not eat) for example basil, peppermint, oregano, society garlic, etc. in pots. They are fairly inexpensive and often available in the grocery store. She is also in need of rocks and shells to create a pathway. Any natural kind will do. Please have your child bring their one (or more) herb pot and found rock or shell to the garden by the morning of Tuesday, March 20th. Thank you! Email Sarah Perry with any questions.
• The March Community Meeting on Tuesday, March 20th at 6:30 pm will showcase the Upper School Science Fair. Please come!
• On Tuesday, March 27th at 6 pm there will be a Suzuki Spring Fiddle event and on Thursday, March 29th at 6 pm there will be a Piano Recital.
Additional calendar dates are here.
Board of Trustees Notes:
• Please read this letter from Carmen Mullen, Board of Trustees Chair for the Head of School Search Committee.
• The Have a Heart Annual Fund campaign is in process. Please read this letter from Carrie Collins, campaign chair. THANK YOU to all staff members, families and friends who have donated thus far! Coin Drive results here.
• Check out SPMA’s photos on Shutterfly: Youth Arts Fest and St. Patrick’s Day Parade
• Student and staff lunch orders from Bess’ Deli (order form here) are due each Friday by 10 AM for the following week.
• SPMA Spirit Day is every Friday. Please wear your SPMA logo wear to school.
• SPMA Campus Tours are available every Tuesday at 9:30 am. Please email Shannon Alford or call 785-2534 make an appointment for yourself or a friend.
SPMA Booster Club:
• It’s time to sign-up to volunteer for the SPMA’s RBC Heritage Golf Tournament concession booth and Birdies for Charity. Details here.