Position Title: Fundraising Coordinator for SPMA
Classification: Part to Full Time Work
Reports to: Head of School
Candidates must have excellent verbal communication, written communication, and sales ability. Candidates will be outbound calling / recruiting parents, local business and community leaders through telephone sales to contribute and volunteer / participate in local fundraising events.
Candidate must have a friendly and professional speaking voice with strong phone etiquette skills, positive and energetic attitude, and strong desire to meet goals and commitments.
This position requires between 30 – 40 hours a week, M-F from 8 am – 4:30 pm. Flexibility offered.
Computer skills and experience is required.
General Areas of Responsibility:
- Interaction with parents
- Vendor contact and coordination
- Volunteer coordination
- Program registration and support
- General clerical
• Process incoming and prepare outgoing mail related to position. Close association with Head of School. Work with staff developing programs and maintaining critical databases and schedules.
• Coordinate contact with outside businesses and vendors for various non-profit needs.
• Coordinate volunteers.
• Provide administrative support with regard to e-mails and newsletters.
• Provide general clerical support, including filing, copying, correspondence and errands.
• Seek and participate in strategic opportunities for professional development.
• Participate in staff meetings and activities as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Fundraising coordinator position: Under general directions and supervision, the Fundraiser Coordinator is responsible for independently conducting the day-to-day operational management and implementation of all activities pertaining to fund development and fundraising
Fundraising Coordinator must track and properly document all activities and complete all necessary reporting requirements.
Fundraising Coordinator will ensure that personal conduct and representation at meetings and various community events is professional and aligns with SPMA mission and code of conduct.
Reasonable fundraising goals, activities, budgets, and expense sheets will be established by the Head of School. A reasonable quota will be established with achievable goals.
Fundraising Coordinator will research and contact potential funders.
Fundraising Coordinator will help obtain funding by drafting, editing, and preparing grants for submission. This also includes compiling program related reports and submitting them in a timely manner.
• Take initiative to build relationships with potential funders including individual community donors.
• Generate new ideas and business opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development to meet and exceed revenue goals. Establish an ongoing fundraising program to support the work of SPMA into the future.
• Develop an annual fundraising plan and budget. Develop revenue and expense reports for all fundraiser events after the event is completed.
• Takes the full responsibility to lead in initiating, planning, and implementing all necessary activities, in a timely manner, to ensure that program goals and objectives are accomplished.
• Represent SPMA at community meetings, outreach events, radio/TV shows, and other community settings.
• Monitors program, tracks and documents of all necessary activities, and completes all reporting requirements.
• Submits documents and reports in a timely manner to meet stated deadlines.
• Prepare grants/ project proposals and progress reports as required by program contract ?and agreements.
• Search and research potential donors and foundations to identify and evaluate potential funding sources.
• Make initial contacts, and follow-through of securing available funding along with the coordination of all optional funding opportunities.
• Build and maintain profitable, long-term fundraising relationships with current donors and potential donors.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to independently initiate projects and activities.
- Good client interactions skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as negotiation skills.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Knowledge of computers and Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher.
- Good leadership skills with the potential for further development.
- Understanding of budget control, expenses, and allocations.
- Knowledge of developing a fundraising plan.
- Attentive to details.
- Dedication, motivation, drive, ambition, and commitment to the job at hand.
- Must have the skills and potential to excel in this position.
- Information Management: Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and security.
Safety Requirements: Knowledge of, and observes and complies with office safety policies and emergency procedures.
Knowledge and Education: Some college or degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. If minimal education requirement is not met, then candidate should apply if they feel they have the skills and potential to excel in this position.
Must have strong command of the written and spoken English language. Must be proficient in the use of computers and office equipment.
Please send resume to:
Sea Pines Montessori Academy
9 Fox Grape Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Attn: Melinda Cotter, Head of School